Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Born Pretty Store review: nail art foils


Today I tried foil manicure for the first time ever. I always avoided it because I thought it is too complicated and because I was sure that design from the foil won't transfer the way I want. I received two nail art foil from Born Pretty Store, the green one and orange - red - purple ombre which is my favorite from the two. Foils come in plastic pot, the size  is 113 cm ( lenght ) and 2.5 cm ( width ). 


To do the foil manicure you need few things: nail polish similar to the foil, wooden stick and foil glue. I have my foil glue from Essence Nails In Style TE ( which I never used before! ), if you don't have a foil glue you can use a nail polish ( apply  first coat, wait for it to dry, apply another coat, wait for it to dry but not completely ). Before you start working first you need to cut foil to 10 small pieces and apply nail polish similar as color of the foil because it is always possible that some part of the foil will not transfer very well, but with similar base color in will not be visible. After nail polish is completely dry it is time to apply foil glue and foil. It is the best to do one nail at the time. When you apply the foil you can use your finger or better wood stick to press foil into the nail to make sure foil transfers evenly. After that it is time to gently remove the foil and after all nails are done apply top coat.


I was surprised how quickly I finished and also my fear that foil will not transfer was for nothing. Transfer was easy and it was almost 100 % , there was few tiny spots where it didn't transfer but because of base color it wasn't visible. I'm still not sure how long will this mani last on my nails but I believe it will be same as usual, nothing more or less. 


I'm glad that I finally tried foil technique and I'm looking forward to new foil manicures. It is easy and the end result is great. My nails look so shiny and the ombre design is really interesting. The price of one foil is 2,99 $ , you can choose your color / design. If you want to shop at Born Pretty Store you can use the code DCL91 to get 10% off.


Do you like foil manicure? Did you tried it?

6 comments:

  1. Bas dobro izgleda! I meni su ih nudili ali sam mislila da se necu snaci s tim pa sam odabrala nesto drugo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja sam se iznenadila kako je lako s njima raditi a i izgledaju super na noktima.

      Delete
  2. Odlično izgleda! Jedva čekam vidjeti zelenu varijantu. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. vidim da su folije opet u điru... meni su drage, problem je samo što iz nadlak nekako zgužva a bez njega ne traju pretjerano :(
    dobro si izabrala, radujem se i budućoj zelenoj :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meni se nije zgužvalo, možda zato što sam nadlak nanjela tek nakon sat-dva a trajnost i ovako i onako nije neka. Na mojim noktima ništa ne traje tulje od 2 dana.

      Delete
  4. Oooh, I wanted to try foil but I thought it'd be too difficult! Thanks for this post, I'll definitely try it now :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...